7Arrows was founded in 2003, with its first Community Protection assignment to protect the Savoy Waverley suburbs being awarded in 2007. The areas were being massively affected by a crime wave and, together with the community, 7Arrows helped develop a scheme that reduced crime by some 80-90 percent. There were fewer incidents in a month after the Savoy Waverley CAP (SWAP) scheme was launched, then there were in a year before launch.
This massive success can be attributed to the communities’ alertness, vigilance and responsiveness – as well as the high caliber of 7Arrows people and overall approach. Since SWAP’s launch, 7Arrows and its community partners have replicated this success in numerous schemes. These schemes include public-space proactive patrols, boom gate monitoring and enhancements, and the overall protection of residential estates.
As part of a community protection solution, the following is provided:
- A one stop 24-hour number that residents can use to summon help or report suspicious activity
- 24-hour proactive tactical patrols
- 24-hour guarding to private houses, estates and businesses linked to the tactical service
- Door to door armed response
- Special intervention projects designed to intercept and disrupt criminal activity
- System monitoring and integration including control room services, both on site and remotely
- Community and domestic training